[Troubleshoot] Spark from PSU!


Hello members,

I had a power outage today and after I switched the fuse and plugged my computer in to the power outlet again there were sparks and smoke coming from the PSU. I assume that the PSU is destroyed and I was just wondering if any other components could have been damaged. What do you guys think?

Was there a lightning strike or a massive power surge that knocked out the power?

If you had to flip fuses, I would assume so.

Which means there’s a high chance your psu may be damaged from being overloaded by a power surge.

I would seriously considering replacing that psu as soon as you can, because if there’s a problem with your psu and you’re running the system it could damage other components.